||This lesson introduces you to the software development process and defines the role of a LabVIEW Architect. You also will learn about tools to monitor and control the evolution of a software product
- Software engineering process
- Roles of a LabVIEW architect
- Configuration management
||In this lesson, you will learn how to plan a LabVIEW project and how to identify appropriate tools for managing a project and tracking its progress. You also will learn how to estimate the time required to complete a project. This lesson culminates in the creation of a project plan for development of a LabVIEW project.
- Project management
- Gathering and managing requirements
- Time estimation
- Style and coding standards
- Developing a project plan
||This lesson describes tools and practices you can use to aid in designing a LabVIEW project. You will learn how to develop a graphical model of the application, how to develop a prototype for the user interface, and how to develop a design document that will be used throughout project development.
- Creating a software model
- Designing a software architecture
- Creating a prototype
- Developing a design document
||In this lesson, you will become familiar with tools in LabVIEW to improve the development of LabVIEW projects. You will learn about existing tools for automating development tasks as well as how to develop your own. You also will learn how to prepare for and conduct an effective code review.
- Automating development tasks
- Code reviews
||This lesson covers the importance of testing code for performance and functionality. You will examine tools you can use to analyze and validate your code.
- Static code analysis
- Dynamic code analysis
- Functional validation of code
||In this lesson, you learn how to develop different types of build specifications depending on your deployment requirements. The lesson also helps you become familiar with the challenges that can arise when deploying your application for different types of targets and operating systems.
- Methods of deployment
- Advanced application options
- Advanced installer options
- Shared library development
- Source code distribution
- Additional build specifications
- Comparison of deployment processes