Legacy: NI-488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard
Make sure you disconnect all GPIB cables before launching this test. If you are using the GPIB-USB-A interface, make sure it is not connected to any instrument. There are several ways to launch the NI-488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard, as shown below:
- It will launch as step 1 of the NI-488.2 Getting Started Wizard.
- In the Measurement & Automation Explorer, select Help » Troubleshooting » NI-488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard.
- Right-click on a GPIB board listed in the Measurement & Automation Explorer and select "NI-488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard" from the pop-up menu:
What It Does
The NI-488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard will check to make sure that your NI-488.2 driver is working correctly and that your GPIB boards are installed and configured properly. If everything passes muster, then you should see a result like this:
The NI-488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard will test each of the GPIB boards in your system in turn.
- If your GPIB board does not pass the NI-488.2 Troubleshooting Wizard, then:
- Select the board that failed by left-clicking on its interface name (e.g., GPIB0).
- Click on the Help button for more information.
- Follow the troubleshooting instructions suggested.
- Verify that the GPIB cable is not connected to your GPIB board. If you are using a GPIB-USB-A interface, make sure it is not connected to any instrument.
- If your GPIB board is not found, then click on the Interface is Not Listed button for more information.