Exploring NI DMMs
Learning the functions and roles of DMM instruments and the benefits of using NI DMMs.
- Introduction to DMMs
- How Do DMMs Compare to Other Test Equipment?
- Why Use NI DMMs?
Selecting an Appropriate DMM
Learning the important factors in choosing the right DMM for an application.
- Form Factor
- Digitizing and Isolation
Setting Up Your DMM
Learning how to install a DMM into a system and set up the accompanying software.
- Installing Software and Drivers
- Installing PXI / PXIe Cards
- Installing PCI / PCIe and USB DMMs
- Configuring DMMs in NI-MAX
- Checking Support in the Application Development Environments
Taking Measurements with InstrumentStudio
Learning how to connect signals to a DMM and take measurements manually with InstrumentStudio.
- Connecting Signals to a DMM
- Running InstrumentStudio
- Branching Out with Switches
Setting Up a Pass/Fail Test with NI-DMM
Learning how to set limits and perform a pass/fail test with your DMM.
- Specifications, Limits, and Guard Bands
- Calculating Uncertainty
- Calculating and Applying Limits
Automating DMM Measurements with LabVIEW
Learning how to configure and take DMM measurements in the LabVIEW development environment and with gPRC.
- NI-DMM Palette and DMM Examples
- Single Measurements
- Scanning with Switches
- gRPC Calls
Taking DMM Measurements in Multi-Instrument Systems
Learning how to integrate DMMs into systems with other instruments.
- Choosing Form Factors
- Cabling Considerations
- Other Design Considerations
Learning software and hardware techniques to improve measurements.
- Software Optimizations
- Hardware Optimizations
- Noise Reduction
Hazardous Voltage Measurements
Learning special considerations for DMM measurements with hazardous voltage signals.
- Wiring and Cabling
- Input Protection Circuitry
- Switching Hazardous Voltages
Advanced Measurements and Considerations for NI DMMs
Taking advanced measurements with NI DMM.
- High-Precision Measurements
- Low-Signal Measurements
- Temperature Measurements
- Capacitance, Inductance, and Diode Testing
- Digitizer Measurements
Maintenance of DMMs
Learning to calibrate and replace fuses on NI DMMs.
- External Calibration
- Performing Calibration Yourself
- Fuse Replacement