Supported Operating Systems section should:
- Include Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Not include Windows Embedded Standard 7 (64-bit)
- Indicate Windows Embedded is only supported on NI CompactDAQ controllers
Supported Operating Systems
The following operating systems are supported in NI-DAQmx 16.0:
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1* (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7, SP1** (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Embedded Standard 7**, SP1 (on CompactDAQ controllers)
- Windows Server 2008 R2*, SP1 (64-bit, not supported on Server Core Role)
- Windows Server 2012 R2* (64-bit)
*NI software installs VC2015 Runtime and .NET 4.6.1. Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 require Microsoft updates to support these items. Refer to Microsoft KB2919442 and KB2919355 for more information about how to install these updates.
**NI software is signed with a SHA-256 certificate. Windows 7 SP1, Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1, and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 require Microsoft updates to support SHA-256. Refer to Microsoft KB3033929 for more information about how to install this security update.
To find and download an earlier version of NI-DAQmx that supports other operating systems, refer to ni.com/downloads.