Create a VI (.gvi) in which you can write a program.
In the Navigation pane, click .
- Complete any of the following tasks to accomplish your programming goals:
- On the diagram, write code that performs your desired task when the program executes.
- On the panel, build a user interface.
- On the icon editor, add inputs and outputs to configure the VI as a SubVI. After you save the SubVI, you can add it to the diagram of other VIs.
Complete the following lessons in software to learn about writing programs:
- Designing a User Interface
- Controlling the Behavior of Your VI
After you create a VI, run the VI in the development environment to execute the code. To run the VI outside the development environment, add the VI to an application and build an executable.