- Can I compile locally or use features that require a local installation with my ISE target on Windows 10?
Compiling locally or using features that require a local installation is technically possible; however, it is not recommended or supported, and users must accept the risks associated with an unsupported configuration. Please refer to the flow chart above for supported configuration.
- What version of LabVIEW FPGA added full support for Windows 10 when using Vivado targets?
When using a Vivado target, NI recommends using the LabVIEW 2018 FPGA Module and Xilinx Compilation Tool for Vivado 2017.2.
- What options do I have when using ISE targets?
NI recommends compiling on the cloud or using a remote compile worker installed on a supporting operating system. Alternatively, you can maintain a Windows 7 SP1 machine for ISE targets or upgrade to hardware that is supported with the LabVIEW 2018 FPGA Module Xilinx Compilation Tool for Vivado 2017.2.
- What is the support policy when using the LabVIEW 2017 FPGA Module Xilinx Compilation for Vivado 2015.4 on Windows 10?
Although this version of the tool might install and execute on Windows 10 it is not an officially supported configuration. Install and use at your own risk after reviewing the list of known issues below. When using a Vivado target NI recommends using the LabVIEW 2018 FPGA Module and the LabVIEW 2018 FPGA Module and the LabVIEW 2018 FPGA Module Xilinx Compilation Tool for Vivado 2017.2.
- I have seen that Xilinx released a version of ISE 14.7 that supports Windows 10. Why doesn't the LabVIEW FPGA Module uptake that version to add support for ISE targets?
The Xilinx ISE Design Suite for Windows 10 supports Spartan®-6 chips only and it runs within a virtual machine. Due to the limited hardware support and the challenges of communicating between the LabVIEW FPGA Module and the ISE tool across the virtual machine boundary, NI does not have plans at this time to uptake this version in the LabVIEW FPGA Module.
The following items are known issues in compatibility that you may encounter if you run the LabVIEW 2017 FPGA Module and the Xilinx Compilation Tool for Vivado 2015.4 on Windows 10. Although it may install and execute on Windows 10 this is not an officially supported configuration.
Not all issues may be known at this time. Although only portions of the LabVIEW FPGA Module are supported on Windows 10, you may Contact NI support to report any issues you encounter that are not shown below.
|Known Issue||Affected Features||Workaround|
The following error may be displayed:
gcc.exe: Internal error: Aborted (program collect2)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://www.mingw.org/bugs.shtml> for instructions.
- CLIP configuration
- IPIN configuration and simulation
- Xilinx IP function configuration and simulation
- XSIM 3rd party simulation
- Project Export for Vivado Design Suite
|Review Xilinx documentation and community support for potential workarounds.|
Document last updated on 6/29/2018