- Only install the Xilinx Compilation Tools ISE 10.1 if your FPGA device contains a Virtex II chip. Otherwise, use the most recent version of Xilinx Compilation Tools that is compatible with your device.
- RIO devices using the Spartan 6 chip require LabVIEW 2010 SP1 or later.
- RIO devices using Virtex 6, Kintex 7, or Virtex 7 chips require compilation on a 64-bit OS.
- Starting in LabVIEW 2014, Xilinx Compilation Tools Vivado is required for Virtex 7, Zynq, and Kintex-7. All other chips supported in Xilinx Compilation Tools ISE 14.4 require Xilinx Compilation Tools ISE 14.7.
- Refer to the driver readme for more compatibility information. These targets support either LabVIEW 2017 (or later) or LabVIEW 2017 SP1 (or later). The version of the Xilinx Vivado Tools (2015.4) that shipped with the LabVIEW 2017 FPGA Module was the same as the version that shipped with the LabVIEW 2016 FPGA Module.
- Support for this hardware was dropped in LabVIEW 2017.
- Support for this hardware was dropped in LabVIEW 2019.
Multiple compilers can coexist on the same computer. LabVIEW will automatically choose the correct Xilinx Compilation Tools needed based on hardware. However, you still need to make sure that the Xilinx Compilation Tools supports your device.
Back to top