What Is TestStand?
Describe the components of an automated test system and identify the functionality that TestStand provides.
- Introduction to TestStand
Exploring the TestStand Sequence Editor
Explore the main components of the TestStand Sequence Editor.
- Introduction to TestStand Sequence Editor
- Identifying the Components of the TestStand Sequence Editor
Creating Test Sequences
Create a new test sequence to implement a basic test.
- Developing Test Code
- Creating a New Test Sequence
- Adding Steps to a Test Sequence
|Creating and Executing Test Sequences||Build code modules and implement test steps.|
- Creating and Calling Code Modules
- Creating Test Steps
- Executing a Test Sequence
Controlling TestStand Execution
Modify a test sequence to execute differently depending on test conditions or settings.
- Sharing Data Using Local Variables
- Changing Execution Flow
- Changing Execution Based on a Test Failure
|Identifying Test Sequence Executions||Use built-in TestStand features to identify a test sequence failure or error. |
- Comparing Test Sequences
- Tracing Execution
- Pausing Execution with Breakpoints
Troubleshooting Test Sequences
Use built-in TestStand features to identify and fix problems in a test sequence.
- Handling Execution Errors
- Modifying Execution to Locate a Problem
- Troubleshooting Code Modules
Reusing Code in a Sequence
Demonstrate how to reuse a series of steps and store configuration settings to streamline code and improve efficiency.
- Reusing a Series of Steps
- Storing Configuration Settings
|Reusing Data Types and Test Sequences||Configure a test sequence to execute tests in parallel to improve test throughput.|
- Reusing Data
- Reusing Test Sequences with Different Limits
Storing and Presenting Test Results
Use built-in TestStand features to create customized reports and log data to a database.
- Generating a Report
- Collecting Results
- Customizing Report Appearance
- Customizing Report Contents
|Generating Multiple Reports and Logging Data |
Configure TestStand to generate multiple reports and log data to a database.
- Generating Multiple Reports
- Database Logging
- Streaming Test Data to Disk
Executing a Test Sequence for Multiple UUTs
Configure a test sequence to test multiple UUTs.
- Using the Test UUTs Execution Entry Point
- Customizing Serial Number Entry
- Executing Steps When the Sequence File Loads
Executing Tests in Parallel
Configure a test sequence to execute tests in parallel to improve test throughput.
- Configuring Steps to Run Asynchronously
- Executing Tests in Parallel
- Synchronizing Execution of Parallel Steps
Deploying a Test Sequence
Describe methods for deploying a test sequence to the production floor based on your system needs.
- Selecting Components for Deployment
- Choosing a Deployment Method
- Ensuring Successful Deployment