Introduction to HIL Test
Explore what HIL Systems are, how they are used in the industry and what NI can offer for HIL systems.
- Product Development and Product Testing
- What Is a Hardware-in-the-Loop Test?
- NI Hardware and Software for HIL Testing
- Exploring an Automotive Test System
How to Create a HIL System Based on Requirements
Explore how to put together a HIL system based on given / known requirements
- Design Considerations and NI System HIL Overview
- Grouping Signal Types
Configuring System Setup in NI VeriStand
Explore how to set up a HIL setup in NI VeriStand, as well as how to use the System Explorer and other NI VeriStand features.
- What Is NI VeriStand?
- Adding Your Hardware into System Explorer
- Configuring NI VeriStand for Acquisition/Generation
- Using xMove Configurator for NI VeriStand
Models and Custom Devices in HIL
Explore how to create models and custom devices in HIL and add them into VeriStand.
- Exploring Models in HIL
- Incorporating Models in NI VeriStand
- What Are VeriStand Custom Devices?
- Creating and Installing Custom Devices into VeriStand
Communication Protocols in VeriStand
Explore supported vehicle bus protocols in VeriStand, fault insertion of these vehicle bus protocols, and residual bus simulation.
- Communication Protocols in Default VeriStand
- Residual Bus Simulation
- Load and Fault Insertion during Communication
Communicating with Test Objects
Explore NI's automotive toolkits and the functionality they provide, as well as dive into the methods of interacting with and protecting a DUT.
- Automotive Toolkits
- Mapping Communication with a DUT
- Protecting Your DUT Using Alarms and Procedures
Explore how to move from component level/sub-system HIL to system-level HIL.
- Why the Need of System-Level HIL?
- Sub-system HIL vs. System-Level HIL on Hardware Level
- Sub-system HIL vs. System-Level HIL on Software Level
- Tips and Tricks
Performing Autonomous Real Time Testing
Explore the available options for automating real-time sequences in the VeriStand and Python environments.
- Performing Manual Tests
- Autonomous Testing in VeriStand
- Controlling VeriStand Sequences Using Python
Test Executives and Data Analysis
Explore the available options for automated testing using an NI HIL platform and how to automatically format and report data outputted from a test.
- Interfacing with VeriStand through APIs
- Performing Automatic Data Analysis
- Generating Reports for Automatic Tests
Debugging and Troubleshooting
Explore various debugging techniques in NI VeriStand.
- System Diagnostic Tools in NI VeriStand
- Benchmarking and Optimizing an HIL System
- Various Debugging Techniques Commonly Used in NI VeriStand
System Management Using SystemLink
Explore NI SystemLink and why we use it to manage Automotive HIL systems.
- What Must We Manage in a HIL System?
- What Is NI SystemLink?
- Managing Systems Using SystemLink
- Running Tests with a HIL System in SystemLink