Responsibilities of the Test Sequence Developer and the Test Framework Architect
Determine which development decisions should be made by sequence developers versus framework architects.
- Responsibilities of the Test Sequence Developer
- Responsibilities of the Test Framework Architect
Modifying Execution Across All Sequences
Select and implement an appropriate approach to modifying the execution of all test sequences on a test station.
- Customizing a Process Model
- Implementing Optional Framework Components
- Modifying Execution Across All Process Models
Selecting a Result Processing Strategy
Choose and implement a result processing strategy that is appropriate for the needs of a test framework.
- Choosing a Mechanism for Logging Data
- Choosing a Report Configuration
- Modifying the Code that Generates the Report
Creating Customized Step Types
Create step types to provide a consistent set of reusable components to all test developers.
- Creating a Custom Step Type
- Executing Code Before or After a Module
- Customizing Step Type Properties
- TestStand Type Management Best Practices
Using TestStand APIs to Programmatically Control TestStand
Use the TestStand API to develop code that programmatically interacts with TestStand.
- What Is the TestStand API?
- Accessing the TestStand API
- Logging Results Dynamically
- Programmatically Editing or Creating a Sequence
- Developing Code Modules that Interact with TestStand
Creating a Custom User Interface
Implement a custom user interface (UI) to simplify the testing procedure for test operators.
- Customizing UI Functionality Based on User Role
- Using TestStand Controls to Build a UI
- Handling TestStand Events in a UI
- Using Native Controls to Build a UI
- Communicating between the UI and the Test System
Conducting TestStand Code Reviews
Explore the various tools and techniques you can use to assist with conducting a TestStand code review.
- Enforcing Development Standards and Best Practices
- Tools for Reviewing Sequence Files
Managing a TestStand Deployment
Explore the different approaches you can use to ensure the framework is deployable to developers and the system is deployable to the end user.
- Distributing Your Framework to Test Developers
- Making Incremental Updates to the Test System
Improving TestStand System Performance
Optimize the performance of test stations developed with TestStand.
- Optimizing the Execution Options for a Test Sequence
- Improving Sequence File Load Performance
- Improving Code Module Performance
- Improving Test Performance through Parallel Testing
- Optimizing Hardware Usage
- Optimizing Result Processing
Defining Policies for Code Module Development
Learn the best practices for developing test system code modules and calling them for test sequences.
- Determining a Strategy for Code Module Development
- Choosing Where to Implement Functionality
- Defining a Strategy for Using Instrumentation within Code Modules