DIAdem 2022 Q2 Release Notes
This file contains installation instructions and compatibility information for DIAdem 2022 Q2.
You can find more release information on ni.com.
- DIAdem Release Notes: Known issues, bugs fixed since the last release, and other notes about this release
- DIAdem Manuals: New features, behavior changes, and other documentation
Supported Operating Systems
Notes on DIAdem 2022 Q2
Notes on Future DIAdem Versions
Compatibility of DIAdem 2022 Q2 with DIAdem 2021 SP1
Product Security and Critical Updates
Accessing the Help
Automating the Installation of NI Products
Unsupported Windows Operating Systems
DIAdem is the NI software for analyzing and documenting data from various sources.
For correct DIAdem performance, the following minimum requirements must be met:
|CPU ||x64 compatible processor, 1.6 GHz or more |
|Amount of memory ||2 GB or more |
|Hard disk memory ||Depending on the operating system, up to 6 GB free storage space on the system partition |
|Graphic card ||Color depth at least 16-bit (High Color), 24-bit, or 32-bit (True Color) recommended |
|Screen resolution ||From 1280x800 with a scaling step of 100% |
- Windows 11
- Windows 10 64-bit
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
Note For automatic evaluation on server operating systems, NI recommends the use of the SystemLink module Analysis Automation instead of DIAdem.
Note DIAdem runs only with restrictions on the N or KN edition of Windows because the multimedia support is missing. You can obtain this as "Media Feature Pack" from Microsoft and install it later.
|Firewall ||The firewall displays warnings while DIAdem installs and while DIAdem launches, for the following reasons: |
The usireg component executes during the installation of DataPlugins. The DataFinder, which you use for searching and navigating in files, then starts. When DIAdem launches, a DNS query determines whether to license locally or whether to use a license server.
If you want to be able to use all the DIAdem functions, NI recommends that you select "Do not block" for all programs listed. This also applies when you want to evaluate DIAdem. Refer to ni.com/info under the winxpsp2 info code for more information.
|Windows User Permissions ||DIAdem and its components are basically executable under the pre-configured Microsoft Windows user accounts from User upwards. DIAdem must be installed with full administrator permissions. |
If you operate various DIAdem versions on one computer, you only have the entire range of functions in each version if you have administrator rights.
- Adobe Reader to display manual files
- DIAdem installs the base package of Python 3.8 (64-bit). DIAdem also supports Python versions 3.6, 3.7, and 3.9 (64-bit).
Download the DIAdem installer from ni.com/downloads. NI software includes NI Package Manager to handle the installation. Refer to the NI Package Manager Help for more information about installing, removing, and upgrading NI software using NI Package Manager.Notes
- If Windows Update is enabled, the installation process might hang if Windows Update interferes with the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Run-Time. Visit ni.com/r/exjq43 for more information and steps to resolve this issue.
- If you purchased this product with an NI Software Suite or NI Product Bundle, use the installation media that shipped with your purchase to install this product.
- Use the serial number that is included with your software to activate DIAdem. For more information about how to activate DIAdem, refer to the NI License Manager Help.
- DIAdem 2019 and later versions no longer support the projection of data with color shading or with deformation onto a 3D model of the test object in DIAdem VIEW.
- As of the DIAdem 2019 installation, the 64-bit version of My DataFinder replaces earlier 32-bit installations. The configuration of My DataFinder takes place in DIAdem versions 2019 or later in DIAdem. In DIAdem versions later than 2019, you configure My DataFinder using the tray icon in the Windows taskbar. C ++ DataPlugins, which are only available in a 32-bit version, need to upgrade to a 64-bit version.
- As of DIAdem 2018, you can no longer connect to My DataFinder from a remote computer.
- For the MyDataFinder in DIAdem 2022 Q2, any index files from earlier DIAdem versions must be regenerated. This occurs automatically when you launch DIAdem. Depending on how many files are to be indexed, this may take quite some time.
- Scripts written for the use on SystemLink analysis automation are subject to certain restrictions. Refer to Analysis Automation, General in the Help, for further information.
- When you activate DIAdem, you must create a NI user profile at ni.com. The evaluation period is now 7 days without a user profile. If you create a user profile, this period is extended to 45 days.
- When using the OPC UA server, a missing Windows update can lead to error messages because functions or DLLs are missing. If this error occurs, check the logfile as to whether a message describes an error in the search path extension. To eliminate this error, install the Windows Update KB2533623 at https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=26767.
- When loading a DAC block diagram, DIAdem now checks whether the block diagram contains outdated blocks. The block diagram can still run with these blocks, however the outdated blocks are identified with a label. Please replace these by up-to-date blocks because in future versions the earlier blocks will no longer be supported.
- In order to use the following DIAdem drivers the following NI software components must be installed:
Older hardware is no longer supported by the modified minimum requirements, including NI PCI-MIO-16XE-10 and NI PCI-MIO-16XE-50 in the PCMCIA version and NI 6533 as a DAQ card.
|Driver ||Components ||Version |
|ADCS ||Automotive Diagnostic Command Set ||>= 18.0 |
|DAQmx driver ||NI-DAQmx ||>= 17.0 |
|ECU MC ||ECU Measurement and Calibration Toolkit ||>= 18.0 |
|XNET ||NI-XNET ||>= 15.0 |
- Very old commands and variables, which have been replaced by new technologies, are marked as obsolete in DIAdem. This means that these commands and variables are no longer supported in one of the upcoming DIAdem versions. On the DIAdem help page DIAdem»Searching for Obsolete Commands and Variables you can find a script which checks your scripts for obsolete identifiers.
- The previously obsolete commands DataCheckChnls and DataSelChn have been permanently removed from DIAdem. Use the Selection collection instead.
- If you install an earlier DIAdem version after you have installed the current DIAdem version, the PDF export of the earlier version might not function correctly. You can solve the issue by copying the files acfpdf*.* and cdintf*.dll from the current DIAdem program folder into the program folder of the earlier DIAdem version.
- From version 2018 onwards, DIAdem imports VBS DataPlugins in encrypted form by default. You can only import and then process a DataPlugin unencrypted if you select Import DataPlugin in the DataPlugin Settings dialog box.
- The images you use in the Picture for Tree SUD property must have a minimum size of 16*16 pixels.
- You cannot use VIs that require .NET assemblies from DIAdem through the LVRuntime object.
- The SUD file format is unchanged compared to DIAdem 2021 SP1, so that SUD dialogs can be loaded in DIAdem 2021 SP1.
Visit ni.com/security to view and subscribe in order to receive security notifications about NI products. Visit ni.com/critical-updates for information about critical updates from NI.
DIAdem NAVIGATOR, DataFinder, Data Portal
- In a script, you can update the QueryForm with the new command Navigator.Display.CurrDataFinder.QueryForm.RefreshAll so that additional properties previously optimized in a script are then offered for selection in the QueryForm and their value ranges are available.
- With the Data.Move command, you can efficiently move multiple channels or multiple groups to another position in the data portal.
- In all areas you can delete the VIEW area using the new entry "Delete Area" in the popup menu of the VIEW area. Previously, this was only possible via the context menu.
- You can now easily transfer the object to VIEW via the context menu of the object in REPORT.
- The function to remove duplicates (ChnDeleteDuplicateValues) has been extended by taking a maximum, minimum or average value of dependent channels when reducing.
- In Python scripts, CodeCompletion is now offered for enumerated variables and polymorphic objects. The support of external modules in CodeCompletion has been improved. The data type of a variable is displayed in the tooltip. While entering parameters of a function, a short help for this parameter appears.
Preview features give an outlook on features in future versions. The functions to be unlocked are still under development and the user interface, the API, or the scope of functions may change. Enable this function in the Settings»DIAdem Settings» Preview Features dialog box.
- The DIAdem Python environment also supports Python version 3.9.
- DIAdem supports complex channels. You can load and save complex channels. You can convert numeric channels to complex channels and vice versa.
For more information on DIAdem, go to the DIAdem help Help»Contents.
Use Help»Examples in DIAdem to start the DIAdem ExampleFinder. You can find DIAdem examples in the examples directory below the program directory. You can modify examples to suit your needs, or you can copy and paste parts of the examples into your own files.
You can automate the installation of most NI products using command-line arguments to suppress some or all of the installer user interface and dialog boxes. However, starting with the August 2012 releases (products using NI Installers version 3.1 or later), you may need to perform additional steps before or during a silent installation of NI software.
If the NI product you are installing uses Microsoft .NET 4.6.2, the .NET installer may run before any NI software installs and may require a reboot before the installation of NI software begins. To avoid a .NET reboot, install .NET 4.6.2 separately before you install NI software.
For more information about automating the installation of NI products, refer to Automating an Online or Offline Installer in the NI Package Manager Help.
DIAdem no longer supports Windows Vista/XP/7/8.x, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, or other 32-bit Windows operating systems. Versions of this product that ship after May 1, 2021 may not install or execute correctly on these operating systems. For detailed information on NI operating system support, visit http://www.ni.com/r/win32bitsupport.
© 2003—2022 National Instruments Ireland Resources Limited. All rights reserved.
Under the copyright laws, this publication may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, storing in an information retrieval system, or translating, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of National Instruments Corporation. This includes photocopying, recording, storing in an information retrieval system, or translating, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of National Instruments Corporation.
NI respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. NI software is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. Where NI software may be used to reproduce software or other materials belonging to others, you may use NI only to reproduce materials that you may reproduce in accordance with the terms of any applicable license or other legal restriction.
End-User License Agreements and Third-Party Legal Notices
You can find end-user license agreements (EULAs) and third-party legal notices in the following locations after installation:
- Notices are located in the <National Instruments>\_Legal Information and <National Instruments> directories.
- EULAs are located in the <National Instruments>\Shared\MDF\Legal\license directory.
- Review <National Instruments>\_Legal Information.txt for information on including legal information in installers built with NI products.
U.S. Government Restricted Rights
If you are an agency, department, or other entity of the United States Government ("Government"), the use, duplication, reproduction, release, modification, disclosure or transfer of the technical data included in this manual is governed by the Restricted Rights provisions under Federal Acquisition Regulation 52.227-14 for civilian agencies and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement Section 252.227-7014 and 252.227-7015 for military agencies.
IVI Foundation Copyright Notice
Content from the IVI specifications reproduced with permission from the IVI Foundation.
The IVI Foundation and its member companies make no warranty of any kind with regard to this material, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The IVI Foundation and its member companies shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for incidental or consequential damages in connection with the furnishing, performance, or use of this material.
For more information on NI trademarks, refer to the NI Trademarks and Logo Guidelines at ni.com/trademarks. Other product and company names mentioned herein are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
For patents covering NI products/technology, refer to the appropriate location: Help»Patents in your software, the patents.txt file on your media, or the National Instruments Patent Notice at ni.com/patents.