Clicking the Abort Button Does Not Stop a LabVIEW VI Performing an XNET Read
The Abort Execution button in LabVIEW does not immediately halt data transfer or stop the VI. Instead, the following behavior can be observed, depending on NI-XNET version:
- Abort does not immediately halt data transfer; the transfer may stop eventually.
- Disconnecting and reconnecting the device allows the VI to stop, but leaves the device unusable until LabVIEW is restarted.
- Abort does not halt data transfer or stop the VI.
- Disconnecting and reconnecting the device does not stop the VI.
- Closing LabVIEW reports a DWarn due to a crash in an external DLL.
There is currently no known workaround for this issue.
Sep 3, 2020