The driver for PCI-GPIB, SB-GPIB, and SCSI-GPIB is not available for free download. You must purchase the driver from National Instruments, unless you already have the NI-488.2 version 2.0 installed. This software adds a number of enhancements and bug fixes to the previous software supported for Solaris 2 (v2.0), including:
- Fixes problems with the ReadStatusByte function that causes incorrect
status values to be returned on 64 bit OS.
- Fixes some problems with RQS detection and multi-threaded support that
can crash the system.
- Adds installation support for Solaris 8.
- Adds installation support for PXI-GPIB and PMC-GPIB.
- Fixes a bug which causes multiple PCI-GPIB boards to be assigned to the same gpib interface.
- Adds 64 bit static and dynamic libraries for the language interface.
This driver supports Sun Solaris Version 2.5.1 through 2.8 (Solaris 8).
Note: The PCI-GPIB/TNT5004, which is shipped with the PCI-GPIB for Solaris kit, is not supported by NI-488.2 version 2.2 for Solaris 2. For use with this interface, it is necessary to use NI-488.2 version 2.3 or later for Solaris 2. Solaris 2.5.1 users (for which NI-488.2 v2.2 for Solaris 2 is the latest version), should order the PCI-GPIB part number 183617-01, along with the driver-only NI-488.2 package for Solaris 2.
You can only use this update if you have version 2.0 installed on your Solaris system.
BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD:
Make sure you are downloading the correct version of the NI-488.2 driver for your Operating System and GPIB Hardware by checking the Current GPIB Driver Versions