Read the full case study
CGM Engineering, Inc.
"We deployed an embedded monitoring system with unmatched competitive accuracy, price, and flexibility by using LabVIEW and CompactRIO as the computing platform. "
Structural health monitoring (SHM) is emerging as a vital tool to help engineers improve the safety and maintainability of critical structures. SHM combines a variety of sensing technologies with an embedded measurement controller to capture, log, and analyze real-time data. SHM systems are designed to reliably monitor and test the health and performance of structures such as the following:
- Bridges and dams
- Buildings and stadiums
- Vessels and platforms
- Wind turbines
- Large machinery and equipment
Additional Case Studies
- Performing Structural Health Monitoring with Modular NI Hardware and Software
- Structural Health Monitoring of the Rion-Antirion Bridge Using LabVIEW Real-Time
- Monitoring Electromechanical Shovels for Open-Pit Mining
- Testing Wind Turbines for Noise Emissions with NI LabVIEW
- Monitoring the Structural Health of the Humber Bridge Using NI PXI and NI LabVIEW