"The LabVIEW development system with NI data acquisition (DAQ) hardware supplied all the tools needed to quickly design and develop a working system. The flexibility and portability of the written code facilitated implementation on different platforms like NI CompactRIO."
- E. Corti - Alma Automotive
A successful rapid control prototyping (RCP) platform should allow you to quickly test control models with real-world I/O so they can be quickly tweaked and refined. RCP platforms typically provide a method to import mathematical models and run them on a controller with a real-time operating system connected to real-world I/O. You can then test the models on a real engine or other component, or against a model of the vehicle or system on a simulator, known as hardware-in-the-loop simulation.
Additional Case Studies
- Drivven Prototypes FPGA-Based Engine Control System
- Prototyping a Wave Farm Energy Converter
- Virginia Tech Uses Virtual Instrumentation to Develop Autonomous Vehicles
- Visteon Simplifies Automotive Powertrain Control
- Rapidly Prototyping a Measurement System to Detect High-Frequency Transients in a Power System