"The NI Direct Injector Driver System enabled us to get the piezoelectric injector working well in a very short time. We also created novel injection strategies because the NI Powertrain Controls Group programmed the control aspects easily and quickly. The cost and capability of NI Powertrain Controls products are superior to anything else on the market."
- Jason King - Ricardo
Today’s production and research engines require precise control over a variety of combustion parameters, including spark timing, fuel injection, and fuel burn location. Engine control solutions based on NI products combine the power of field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) with the modularity and flexibility of the NI CompactRIO and PXI platforms for performance that is capable of implementing same-cycle and next-cycle control strategies. By using complete combustion analysis systems with high-resolution engine position tracking IP, research engineers can explore numerous combustion strategies under a wide range of operating conditions. From ready-to-use, stand-alone direct injection systems to fully customized combustion analysis and engine control solutions, NI offers the products you need to get your engine up and running.
Additional Case Studies
- ATS Uses NI Powertrain Controls Products for HiPerTEC Research Engine
- LiquidPiston Uses NI Platform for Engine Prototype Control
- University of Wisconsin Engine Research Center Uses NI Engine Control System for Next Cycle Control of a Reactivity Controlled Compression Ignition Engine
- University of Southern California Pulsed Power Research Group Uses NI Direct Injector Driver System
- Navistar Uses NI Direct Injector Driver System for Low-Cost Piezoelectric Direct Injector Control