This DataPlugin supports reading / importing of Bosch MDF data files, ETAS INCA® MDF data, and Vector CANape® and other Vector products. The DataPlugin supports MDF version 3.0 files up to version 3.2. The MDF DataPlugin also supports writing of MDF 3.0 and 3.2 files.
The Measure Data Format (MDF) is well-established in the automotive industry for recording, exchanging, and post-measurement analysis. MDF files are produced by eg. INCA® from ETAS, and by CANape® and other products from Vector.
A DIAdem script that maps MDF channels to a common time channel is described in this KB article.
Note: There is a second DataPlugin which supports MDF version 4 files.
Supported Features (Reading MDF Files):
- Reading MDF files up to version 3.2.
- Channels with data types int40/48/56 Bit
- Channels with data types #9 up to #16
[unsigned integer, signed integer (two’s complement), IEEE 754 floating-point format FLOAT (4 bytes), IEEE 754 floating-point format DOUBLE (8 bytes) with Big Endian (Motorola) or Little Endian (Intel) Byte order.]
- Channels with length 0.
- Additional MDF-Header properties: "Author" ("Operator name"), "Project" and "Division".
- Ignore invalid block id's and continue loading.
- Replacing of "/" characters to "\" in channel names and group names. (The "/" character is defined as separator for addressing a channel with group- and channel name syntax.)
- As of version 220.127.116.11 the root property "hd_start_time", representing the start time of the measurement, has been added.
Previously the root property "datetime" was used.
- Create additional properties encoded in the "root.description" property separated by ":".
(only if long channel names are used)
Supported Features (Writing MDF Files):
- MDF files in version 3.0 and 3.2.
Writing behavior is controlled by the root property 'version'. Set this property value to "MDF 3.2" to write MDF 3.2 files.
- By writing MDF files the first channel of a channel group will be treated as time channel.
- All channels in a group should have the same channel length.
- Only the following set of properties are written to MDF files. All other properties are ignored when writing MDF files.
Root Level: description(string), author(string), datestring(string), timestring(string), Division(string), Project(string), Program(string), Subject(string)
Group Level: description(string)
Channel Level: name(string), description(string), unit_string(string), LongName(string)
- In case of channel names with more than 32 characters, use the channel property "LongName" instead of "name".
- Channel data are stored in Little Endian(Intel).
Not Supported Features:
- Text channels are ignored by writing MDF files.
|File Extension:||*.MDF, *.DAT|
|Direction:||Read / Write|
|Last Change:||December 10, 2013 [18.104.22.16858]|