|Assigning Development Tasks
||This lesson differentiates which development decisions should be made by sequence developers versus framework architects.
- Responsibilities of the Test Sequence Developer
- Responsibilities of the Test Framework Architect
|Modifying Execution Across All Sequences
||This lesson describes how to select and implement an appropriate approach to modifying execution of all test sequences on a test station.
- Customizing a process model
- Implementing optional framework components
- Modifying execution across all process models
|Selecting a Result Processing Strategy
||This lesson presents different results processing strategies and describes how to choose and implement the strategy that is appropriate for the needs of a test framework.
- Choosing a mechanism for logging data
- Choosing a report configuration
- Modifying the code that generates the report
|Creating Customized Step Types
||This lesson describes how to create custom step types to provide a consistent set of reusable components to all test developers.
- Creating a custom step type
- Executing code before or after a module
- Customizing step type properties
|Controlling TestStand Programmatically
||This lesson introduces the TestStand API and describes how to use the TestStand API to develop code that programmatically interacts with TestStand.
- What is the TestStand API?
- Accessing the TestStand API
- Logging results dynamically
- Programmatically editing or creating a sequence
- Developing code modules that interact with TestStand
|Creating a Custom User Interface
||This lesson reviews the built-in TestStand user interface and describes how to implement a custom user interface (UI) to simplify the testing procedure for test operators.
- Customizing UI functionality based on User Role
- Using TestStand controls to build a ui
- Handling TestStand events in a UI
- Using native controls to build a UI
- Communicating between the UI and the Test System
|Conducting TestStand Code Reviews
||This lesson presents the tools and techniques you can use to assist with conducting a TestStand code review.
- Enforcing development standards and best practices
- Tools for reviewing sequence files
|Managing a TestStand Deployment
||This lesson describes the different approaches you can use to ensure the test framework is deployable to developers and the system is deployable to the end user.
- Distributing your framework to test developers
- Making incremental updates to the test system