You can use ROIs to focus your processing and analysis on part of an image. For example, the histogram shown in the example below is only calculated for the area of the image specified by the green ROI rectangle. You can trace an ROI using standard contours (oval, rectangle, and so forth) or free contours (freehand). These tools are available whenever you place an image indicator on the front panel.
You can add multiple ROIs to the same image holding Ctrl while using the mouse to place an ROI. Notice how the Histogram changes to reflect the contents of the multiple new ROIs.
You can also perform any of the following options:
- Associate an ROI with an image window
- Extract an ROI associated with an image window
- Erase the current ROI from an image window
- Transform an ROI into an image mask and vice versa
- Transform overlays into ROIs and vice versa