The following items are known issues in the Sound and Vibration Toolkit and the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite.
- The S&V Express Measurements Express VIs might run slowly or fail to load. Refer to the Knowledge Base (4F8EJ09S) at ni.com for a workaround.
- If you install the evaluation version of the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite 7.0 on the same computer as a licensed version of 6.0, the license for 6.0 expires after the evaluation period for version 7.0 ends. Workaround: Uninstall the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite versions 6.0 and 7.0. Install and activate version 6.0.
- When working with waterfall and octave graphs, the undo chain might not work correctly.
- Entering values in the cursor legend of a Colormap will crash LabVIEW 8.6.
- After upgrading from the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite 5.0 to 7.0 in LabVIEW 8.2.1, LabVIEW cannot find some VIs in Case structures.
- If you install the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suit 7.0 for LabVIEW 8.5.1 and load a VI saved with a previous version of the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite, LabVIEW searches for missing VIs. Workaround: Clicking the Cancel button on this dialog box will load the VIs correctly.
- In LabVIEW 8.6, using <Ctrl-C> and <Ctrl-V> to copy and paste a Sound and Vibration plot will remove some of the plot properties. Workaround: Copy the plot by selecting the plot, pressing the <Ctrl> key, and clicking and dragging the plot.
- If you install the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite 7.0 for LabVIEW 8.6 and then load example VIs that shipped with either the ound and Vibration Measurement Suite 4.0 or 5.0, LabVIEW searches for missing VIs. Workaround: Clicking the Cancel button on this dialog box will load the VIs correctly.
Waterfall and Colormap Displays
- To color the 3D box decoration of Waterfall graphs and Octave Waterfall graphs, you must paint behind the two transparent graphs. If you color the hidden graphs, you cannot save those colors and the graphs return to transparent the next time you open the VI. Paint the bottom right corner of the decoration to ensure proper coloring of the decoration.
- The shortcut menu of the Waterfall graph and the Octave Waterfall graph might seem unresponsive when the VI is running. Continual selection of the menu item eventually executes the selection.
- The Waterfall graph, Octave Waterfall graph, and Colormap indicators might take some time to load when you use them for the first time. Click the indicator on the Sound & Vibration palette, wait until the dashed outline of the indicator appears, then click the front panel. The dashed outline appears when LabVIEW finishes loading the indicator.
UFF58 File I/O
- If you write to two UFF58 files in a loop or in two different VIs without changing the names of the files, LabVIEW returns error -2570, and you cannot flush data back to disk.
- If you have an application that uses the SVT Integration (frequency) VI that ships with the Sound and Vibration Toolkit 2.0 and the Sound and Vibration Toolkit 3.0, the application is broken in the Sound and Vibration Toolkit 7.0. To fix the application, replace the SVT Integration (frequency) VI with the SVL Integration (frequency) VI and reconnect the input and output terminals.
- The Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite does not support the OAT Extract Most Significant Order Waveforms VI, the OAT Extract Order Waveforms VI, or the OAT Tachless Speed Profile Generator VI on a VxWorks Real-Time target.
- If you open an Order Tracking Express VI saved in the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite 5.0 and generate code, the wire to the error in control is broken. You must re-wire the error in control.
- If you install the Sound and Vibration Toolkit or the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite in LabVIEW 8.2.1 and access the help by selecting Help»Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite Help in LabVIEW, the buttons for opening example VIs in the help do not work. To use these buttons, access the help by opening svmain.chm from the labview\help directory.
Sound and Vibration Assistant
- The Sound and Vibration Assistant might run slowly or fail to load. Refer to the Knowledge Base (4F8EJ09S) at ni.com for a workaround.
- Saving and reloading a project or changing certain step information can cause the Sound and Vibration Assistant to lose subgroup definitions. Workaround: Do not create subgroups when working with sound and vibration data.
- The Sound and Vibration Assistant Tutorial might launch but not respond. Workaround: Ensure you have installed Adobe Flash Player version 10.0 or later. Refer to the Adobe Web site at www.adobe.com for information about Adobe Flash Player.
- Sound and Vibration Assistant example projects that acquire data require the device name to be Dev1. If you want to use the example projects with your hardware, verify the device name is Dev1 in the Measurement & Automation Explorer. If you need to rename your hardware, right-click the device in MAX and select Rename from the shortcut menu.
- You lose the buffered data of a colormap, speed profile, XY graph, or waterfall graph if you switch from Playback mode to Monitor / Record mode and then switch back to Playback mode.
- When you export colormap or waterfall graph data to an Excel spreadsheet, you might lose some of the data if you use Microsoft Excel 2003 or earlier. Microsoft Excel 2003 has a maximum limit of 256 columns for a worksheet.
- (Windows Vista) If you install the Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite 7.0 or Sound and Vibration Toolkit 7.0 with LabVIEW 8.2.1, and you have LabVIEW 8.5 installed, you cannot generate LabVIEW block diagram code from the Sound and Vibration Assistant. Refer to ni.com/info and enter code exiebp for more information about a workaround.
- If you build a project with the Limit Test step and apply code generation to the project from the Assistant to LabVIEW 8.2.1, the result of the code generation might be broken. You must re-wire the CG_Limit Test RepackData.vi in the labview\vi.lib\express\SignalExpress\Support\Test\LimitTest.llb.
© 2008 National Instruments Corporation. All rights reserved.
Under the copyright laws, this publication may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, storing in an information retrieval system, or translating, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of National Instruments Corporation.
For patents covering the National Instruments products, refer to the appropriate location: Help»Patents in your software, the patents.txt file on your media, or ni.com/patents.
- LabVIEW Sound and Vibration Analysis VIs Readme
- NI Sound and Vibration Assistant Readme