Each issue appears as a row in the table and includes the following fields:
- Issue ID - The number in at the top of each of the cells in the first column. When you report an issue to NI, you may be given this ID, you can also find IDs posted by NI on the discussion forums or in Knowledge Base articles. "N/A" indicates that there is no ID assigned to the issue.
- Issue Title (in italics) - Describes the issue in one sentence or less.
- Problem Description - A few sentences which describe the problem in further detail. The brief description given does not necessarily describe the problem in full detail, and it is expected that you may want more information on an issue. If you would like more information on an issue, contact NI and reference the ID number given in the document.
- Workaround - Possible ways to work around the problem. The workarounds that appear in the document are not always tested by NI and are not guaranteed to resolve the issue. If a workaround refers you to the NI KnowledgeBase, visit www.ni.com/kb/ and enter the KnowledgeBase number in the search field to locate the specific document.
- Reported Version - The earliest version of NI-DCPower in which the issue was reported. If you discover the issue appears in an earlier version of NI-DCPower than is reported in this field, report the discrepancy to NI to have the field updated.
- Resolved Version - Version in which the issue was resolved or was no longer applicable. "N/A" indicates that the issue has not been resolved.
- Date Added - The date the issue was added to the document (not the reported date).
Known Issues by Severity
||Upgrading from Windows 8.0 to Windows 8.1 can result in lost configuration information
Upgrading the version of Windows on a system with NI-DCPower installed may result in the loss of device names, the loss of device configuration, and/or devices appearing disconnected. For more information on how to resolve this, visit ni.com/info and enter the Info Code 'excrxm'.
Workaround: Reconfigure your devices in Measurement & Automation Explorer.
|Reported Version: 14.0
||Resolved Version: N/A
||SignalExpress 1.2 or earlier and the IVI Power Supply step
The IVI Power Supply step does not support NI-DCPower in Signal Express 1.2 or earlier.
Workaround: Use the native NI-DCPower Express step to access NI-DCPower from within SignalExpress 1.2 or earlier. In SignalExpress 2.0 or later, you can use either the IVI Power Supply step or the NI-DCPower Express step.
|Reported Version: 1.6
||Resolved Version: N/A
Contact NI regarding this document or issues in the document. If you contact NI in regards to a specific issue, reference the ID number given in the document. The ID number contains the current issue ID number as well as the legacy ID number (use the current ID number when contacting NI). You can contact us through any of the normal support channels including phone, e-mail, or the discussion forums. Visit the NI Website to contact us. Also contact us if you find a workaround for an issue that is not listed in the document.