The following is an abbreviated summary of some of the distribution requirements for legally distributing applications created using NI software:
- You must include "Copyright ©[yr] National Instruments Corporation. All rights reserved." in the About box and in the documentation distributed with the distribution.
- You must obtain NI’s written permission prior to using the NI name, logo, or trademarks to market your distribution.
- You cannot hold NI responsible for any problems with your distribution and you must defend NI software against any claims or lawsuits, including attorneys’ fees.
- You must conform to the requirements of all third-party files you are using.
- If your distribution includes run-time engines or driver interface software, all users must agree to the NI Standard License Agreement or your own agreement that does not allow users to (i) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, sub-license, lease, rent, distribute in part, modify, or create derivatives of the run-time engines or driver interface software, (ii) amend, modify, or supplement the driver interface software with any additional code except to use it with additional NI hardware, or (iii) directly or indirectly, export, re-export, download, or ship the software in violation of the laws and regulations of the U.S.A.
Applications developed using certain NI software may require the prior written consent of NI prior to distribution and/or a per copy distribution fee. Some of these NI software applications include: LabVIEW Real-Time, LabWindows/CVI Real-Time, LabVIEW Remote Panels, LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module, National Instruments SQL Toolkit, National Instruments Sound and Vibration Toolkit, National Instruments Modulation Toolkit, National Instruments Sound and Vibration Measurement Suite, LabVIEW PDA Builder, National Instruments Vision Development Module, National Instruments Vision Acquisition Software, National Instruments Vision Builder for Automated Inspection, National Instruments Switch Executive, National Instruments TestStand, National Instruments Test Executive, National Instruments Lookout, NI-Device, and DASYLab. Contact NI or, if applicable, the NI subsidiary serving your country for more information, including the amount of the applicable per copy distribution fee, if any.