To determine the version of NI-PAL installed, follow the instructions for your operating system:
- Navigate to %WinDir%\system32\drivers folder
- Find the file nipalk.sys, right-click on the file, and select Properties. In the Properties window, go to the Details tab. There you will find information about the Product Version.
- Use your distribution’s package manager to view the version of the ni-pal package
- Execute the following command to report the version of the loaded NI-PAL kernel module:
dkms status | grep nipalk
- Open the System Information utility
- Expand Software/Extensions in the left-hand pane
- Locate the nipalk extension in the list to view the version
Versions 20.0.0 and prior are affected and users should install the patches as described below.