LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) Module
When purchasing the module, you can choose from Development, Deployment or Debug/Deploy.
- LabVIEW DSC Development License is required for developing with the module in LabVIEW.
- LabVIEW DSC Deployment License is required for each deployment PC running a client built from components of the LabVIEW DSC module.
- LabVIEW DSC Debug/Deploy License is optional when purchasing the Deployment License. It allows a user to make small changes to the deployed code.
To download the software, select Full for the Development or Debug/Deploy License and Runtime for the Deployment license.
NI OPC Servers
NI OPC Servers are individually licensed and are not licensed as part of the LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) Module or NI Software Suites. When you install the DSC Module, NI OPC Servers is installed by default with a temporary license for a two-hour evaluation period.
A license is required for each computer that runs an NI OPC Servers instance. There is no difference between NI OPC Servers software on a development computer and a deployment computer. There is no run-time or deployment version of NI OPC Servers.
Note: NI OPC Servers can connect to NI OPC clients only. Use of OPC I/O Server in DSC is not affected by the activation state of NI OPC Servers.
Licensingoptions for NI OPC Servers 2012 or later:
- NI OPC Servers (1 driver): can connect to one driver at a time
- NI OPC Servers (unlimited drivers): can connect to an unlimited number of drivers simultaneously
NI OPC Servers (2010 and earlier):
- Setups using two or less drivers will not timeout
- Setups using more than two drivers will timeout after 2 hours
OPC UA Toolkit
LabVIEW OPC UA toolkit contains the OPC UA API that was formerly part of the LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) Module and the LabVIEW Real-Time Module, starting 2017 it became a separate toolkit.
Note: NI Linux Real-Time based devices do not require a deployment license.
Note: The OPC UA Toolkit development license does NOT come with a deployment license. A separate deployment license must be purchased for each deployment machine.