These steps are only applicable when upgrading from InsightCM 3.0 or 3.1. The general process for migrating Data Sets is to run the movedatafiles command, run the archivedataevents command, compact the database (optional) and then restart the main NI InsightCM service and the NI InsightCM MongoDB service. Once the data set migration is complete, the data set files are now located on disk in the Data directory configured during installation. The data set files are located inside the Files folder in the Data directory.
To start migrating data to the file system, use the InsightCMConsole.exe with the movedatefile option. The movedatafiles command takes the waveform portion of data sets that are stored in the InsightCM database and moves them to files. One consideration when doing the data set migration is that the storage drive must have at least double the space on the data drive to complete the data set migration. This is because the InsightCM database does not automatically release disk space back to the drive after a data set is migrated. For example, if the size of the Data folder stored on the D:\ is 40 GB, then the user would need 80 GB to complete the migration. Alternatively, the user could set the Data File directory to another drive with at least 40 GB of available space.
Once the movedatafiles command has complete, run the archivedataevents command. The archivedataevents command moves all remaining data set components (data events, data set metadata, and trend points) older than 30 days out of the database to files. This further reduces the size of the InsightCM database and improves data viewing perfomance. An optional step is to compact database to release unused space to the storage drive. If your InsightCM data directory is greater than 100 GB, consider compacting the database to reclaim storage space. Contact NI Technical Support and reference 'InsightCM Database Compaction' for more information. The final step is to restart the NI InsightCM MongoDB service. To safely do so, first stop the main NI InsightCM service, restart the NI InsightCM MongoDB service, and then start the NI InsightCM service.
- Open Windows Command Prompt and run the below commands.
- cd C:\Program Files\National Instruments\InsightCM Server 3.0\
- InsightCMConsole movedatafiles
- Allow the movedatafiles command to complete. When completed, run the below command.
- InsightCMConsole archivedataevents
- Allow the archivedataevents command to complete.
- (Optional) Compact database to release drive. Contact NI Technical Support and reference 'InsightCM Database Compaction' for more information.
- In Windows Services, stop the main NI InsightCM service, restart the NI InsightCM MongoDB service, and then start the NI InsightCM service.
Figure 2. Running the InsightCMConsole movedatafiles Command