At the time of your exam, you can log into the system online.
Start Your Exam on Time: To start your exam, login at https://www.examslocal.com, click My Exams and follow the instructions after selecting the exam you want to start. You may start your exam up to 15 minutes before your scheduled start time. You must start your exam no later than 15 minutes after your scheduled start time. If you do not start your exam within 15 minutes of your scheduled start time, the system automatically marks you as a No-Show and you cannot take your exam.
Online exams follow some standard rules to ensure exam integrity. During online exams, the proctor monitors your system remotely rather than being in the room with you. Therefore, some specific steps are required in the online system. Before you begin your exam, the proctor:
- Greets you through a Live Chat feature when you sign in to the online system.
- Approves your exam room and verifies your identity before granting you access to the exam environment. To do this, the proctor helps you set up everything in the online system.
- First, you need to share your desktop so that the proctor can monitor your activity.
- Second, you need to share your webcam. This allows the proctor to verify your identity and monitor your environment to be sure all the exam rules are being followed.
- Asks you to pan your webcam around your desk to ensure you do not have any notes or other prohibited materials. Your desk should be cleared of all items.
- Asks you to hold up your ID to the camera to verify your identity.
- Verifies that no other programs are open on your computer—you should have only the Google Chrome browser open at this point.
- You may need to open your Task Manager to verify that no other applications are running.
- Gives you instructions about the various controls in the environment such as “request break.”
- Tells you when you can start your exam.
- Warns you when you have 10 minutes and 5 minutes remaining in the time limit. When you are finished, simply click End Exam.
After you have finished, your exam files are sent to NI for grading. All further communications about your exam will be from firstname.lastname@example.org.