|Exploring the LabVIEW NXG Environment
||You will learn about changes to software installation and explore the LabVIEW NXG environment.
- Installing and updating NI software
- Launching LabVIEW NXG
- Launching a project
- Learning to program
- Searching for LabVIEW NXG content
||You will learn how to connect to your hardware and verify its functionality in LabVIEW NXG.
- Exploring detected hardware
- Adding undetected hardware
- Ensuring that hardware is working
||You will learn how to develop a VI in LabVIEW NXG. This lesson also describes how to prepare a VI for use as a subVI in LabVIEW NXG and changes to VI documentation.
- Creating VIs
- Creating a subVI
- Documenting your code
|Appendix: Developing Object-Oriented Applications
||You will create a simple object-oriented application that uses inheritance and dynamic dispatch.
- Creating a class
- Defining an inheritance relationship
- Overriding inherited methods
|Debugging and Troubleshooting
||You will learn to use various LabVIEW NXG tools to determine the root cause of compiler errors and debug incorrect execution.
- Resolving compiler errors
- Handling run-time errors
- Debugging incorrect execution
||You will package LabVIEW NXG code for distribution and create a distribution for use by other developers and end users.
- Preparing code for distribution
- Building an executable
- Distributing an executable
|Putting it All Together: Create a State Machine
||You will use your LabVIEW NXG knowledge to create an application that uses a state machine to implement the functionality described by a flowchart.
- Create a state machine application that conditionally flashes an LED
|Migrating Simple VIs
||You will learn the high-level process for migrating your existing code for use in LabVIEW NXG. You will then use the Code Conversion Utility to convert simple VIs and your LabVIEW NXG expertise to finish migration of those VIs.
- What is the process for code migration?
- Preparing code for migration
- Converting a simple VI
- Finishing migration of a simple VI
- Migrating a simple VI that uses hardware
|Appendix: Migrating Reuse Libraries
||You will learn how you can call the Code Conversion Utility through command line instructions.
You will also learn how the code migration process may change when migrating reusable code.
- Converting code through the command line
- Finishing migration of reusable code
|Calling Existing VIs from LabVIEW NXG
||You will learn when you would want to call existing VIs directly from LabVIEW NXG without migrating them. You will also learn how to call an existing VI within LabVIEW NXG.
- Why call an existing VI from
- Calling existing VIs from
|Migrating and Application
||You will learn how the migration process may differ for larger, more complex VIs and LabVIEW applications.
- Converting an application
- Finishing migration of an application