TD-ScanPro™ is TSSI's next generation test pattern tool to convert WGL, STIL, VCD, or EVCD files for use with NI Digital Instruments. TD-ScanPro can generate the files required for NI Digital Pattern Instruments as well as NI Digital Waveform Instruments.
The advantages of TD-ScanPro™ are:
- Supports both NI-Digital and NI-HSDIO file formats
- Scalability: A single pattern conversion job can be done on a laptop, or a batch of hundreds of patterns can be submitted to a server farm.
- Flow-based self-documented graphical user interface as well as the ability to execute in a command line batch process
- Runs on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Database and API: TD-ScanPro™ keeps patterns in a compact and robust database which allows reusability, and flexibility in data migration and data customization
Using the graphical user interface (GUI) or batch mode to get the job done quickly, TD-Sim and TD-Scan provide an easy-to-use, fill-in-the-blank form to import and generate target tester's output quickly. No manual or instructions are needed for new/casual users.
Advanced/heavy users can use batch mode to queue numerous conversion processes.
- The File Browser enables organizing hundreds of projects in one place. The text editor and waveform editor are invoked automatically via file type auto-detection when the user double-clicks on a file to open.
- The Scenario Canvas is where test engineers can graphically program their entire test development flow without having to type any code. The flow is executable, and is self-documented. Communication is seamless among engineers and across design and test discipline. Plus, optionally the same Scenario can be created individually on a Windows laptop, and executed on a Linux server farm. It is that portable and platform independent.
- The Log Area is useful for viewing, saving, and sending all run-time details as reports.
All of the graphical user interface components mentioned above can be saved as an ASCII file if scripting and batch processing are preferred.
All documentation is available under the Help menu with hyperlinks for easy navigation.
Reading EDA Files
Each WGL, STIL, VCD, or EVCD format is a corresponding In-Convertor. For example, to read a scan ATPG file in IEEE STIL format, a TD-ScanPro “STIL In-Convertor” operation can be placed into the Scenario Canvas and connected to the source file’s icon.
The reading process will neutralize different EDA format into a binary ATE-neutral, compact database (“SDB”), which can be viewed, modified, or programmatically access via the SDB API (very favorable by companies with proprietary tools and methodology).
Writing ATE Files
From the SDB database, the user can choose a target ATE platform.
- For the NI Digital Pattern Instruments, the corresponding operation to choose is the NI-STS TestBridge, which can be selected from the list of operations and dropped into the Scenario canvas and connected to the output port of the SDB Database. TD-ScanPro’s NI-STS TesterBridge can generate either .digipatsrc, or the binary .digipat pattern directly.
Data Analysis and Conditioning
TD-Sim and TD-Scan translate EDA files into an intermediate database. Any subsequent data analysis and adjustment can be done directly to the database using the waveform viewer. Then, when ready, the TestBridge can be invoked to generate tester-ready patterns. For large patterns, this will save many conversion hours.
Pin Mapping with Signal Table
TD-Sim and TD-Scan Signal Table enables familiar spreadsheet format for pin mapping and a wide variety of operations on signals such as: synthetic signal derivation, setting of levels, ATE specific pin modes, pin groups, and import/export.
TD-ScanPro inherits more than 3 decades worth of test development tools known as the Conditioners from TSSI’s pioneering effort in various aspects of design-to-test technologies. Any test data manipulation tools needed over the years are available especially for converting VCD/EVCD into the NI platform.
Some popular conditioners are: GuardBand, Min/Max, Pattern edit/cut/merge, Strobe Edit, Signal Edit, Scan Flatten, Incremental, Waveform Analysis, Histogram, etc.
Enterprise Strength Computing
TD-ScanPro simplifies processing of hundreds of pattern files by an intuitive Loop Object in the Scenario Canvas. Loop Object iterates through all input files specified by the user’s rule (e.g., *.wgl, atpg/src*.stil, simulation/*.evcd) and convert them all to a target ATE format.
Utilizing the Incremental Conditioner’s capability, the Loop Object can accumulate timing and only generate timesets that have not been seen before and therefore, produces an optimized master timing file that serves all patterns.