To acquire images from a Camera Link Vision camera, you need to first make sure that you have all the correct hardware and software:
Camera Link Camera
NI hardware and software supports Camera Link cameras that conform to the Camera Link standard (base, medium, full, and extended)
- Power Supply if the camera does not support Power over Camera Link (PoCL)
National Instruments Frame Grabber
Note: If you are using PoCL, make sure your frame grabber supports it.
Camera Link cables
If you are using the PCIe-1437 with:
- a camera with MDR connectors: MDR to SDR cables
- a camera with SDR connectors: SDR to SDR cables
If you are using any other frame grabber with:
- a camera with MDR connectors: MDR to MDR cables
- a camera with SDR connectors: SDR to MDR cables
Note: If you are using PoCL, make sure your cable also supports it.
- You will need NI-Vision Acquisition Software, which will install NI-IMAQdx and NI-IMAQ. As of NI-Vision Acquisition Software 18.0, Camera Link is now supported with both the NI-IMAQdx and NI-IMAQ drivers.