Last Modified: July 20, 2020
The following properties are available on the Cluster Properties page for CAN
- Name—Cluster name. This must be unique within the database.
- Protocol—Communication protocol of the cluster (CAN, FlexRay, or LIN).
- Application Protocol—Higher level protocol run on the cluster. Choices are None or
J1939. If you change this protocol while frames
exist in the cluster, you are asked whether to convert the frames according
to the protocol.
- I/O Mode—Specifies the CAN standard to be used.
- CAN—CAN 2.0 standard, with a payload length of 0–8 bytes.
- CAN FD—CAN Flexible Data-Rate, which allows extended frame format and a
payload length up to 64
- CAN FD + BRS—CAN FD with Baud Rate Switch, which enables the CAN frame to be
transmitted at the standard data rate or the faster CAN FD
- Preset Baud Rate—Commonly used baud rates that can be selected from the drop-down list; this is the baud
rate from the database, and sets the rate all cluster nodes use. Select
Unset to clear . Select
Custom to set a high-precision custom baud rate
by using the following fields.
- Baud Rate—Baud rate from the database; this sets the rate all cluster nodes use.
- Custom Baud Rate—Baud rate expressed as hexadecimal value.
- Sample Point—Location within each bit time at which the ECU analyzes the state of the bus and
determines if it is dominant (logic 0) or recessive (logic
- Lock BRP—Locks the Baud rate prescaler value.
- BRP—Baud rate prescaler.
- SJW—(Re-)Synchronization Jump Width
- TSEG1—Time segment before the sample point.
- TSEG2—Time segment after the sample point.
- Comment—Note or descriptive text related to this Cluster. The comment is used for
Recently Viewed Topics