VeriStand's ASAM XIL implementation deviates from the ASAM XIL standard in areas such as
signal generation and capturing.
table displays implementation differences.
- ConditionWatcher definitions cannot be saved in the STI format when a
ConditionWatchers as StopTriggers.
- Signal generation operations cannot write to model parameters.
- Signal generation processes create temporary real-time sequence files in the
- When Capture.DurationUnit is set to eSAMPLES,
VeriStand ASAM XIL assumes the data capture rate was set
during capture creation.
- Capture.Stop() may take longer than expected to complete execution.
The function only returns a value after flushing log data
into files and finishing post-processing.
- Capture.Fetch() might not return the latest
samples because of buffering.
- VeriStand logs data to TDMS despite what capture result writer you choose. The data is
later processed by either an MDF or in-memory capture result
- Condition Watchers conditions support the syntax, operators, and expression functions
that VeriStand real-time sequences support.
- Signal generation and capturing are not supported when the gateway is running on a
machine other than localhost.
The following table displays
Capture sessions ignore data logging errors. ASAM XIL API users will not receive an error
notification. Instead, the capture will immediately enter the
eFINISHED state and cease logging data.
Untriggered captures also cause this state change. Capture
results and .mdf files contain logging data
until when the error occurred.