Use DAQ devices to support analog, digital, and counter I/O functions such as acquiring waveform data.
- Launch the VeriStand Editor.
- In the Project Files pane, double-click a system definition file (.nivssdf). System Explorer opens .
Click in the configuration tree.
- Choose to add one or all discoverable DAQ devices.
|Number of Devices
||How to Add
- Click Add DAQ Device.
- Use the Add DAQ Device dialog box to identify the DAQ device you want to add.
- Click OK.
- Click Hardware Discovery Wizard and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Right-click a device and select Add Channels to display the Add DAQ Channels dialog box.
- Use the Add DAQ Channels dialog box to configure the type of physical channel(s) to add and their properties.
For analog input channels, you must choose to acquire the signal a single point at a time or over a period of time as waveform.
- Click Next.
- Select the specific channels on the device you want to add to the system definition.
If the DAQ device does not contain channels of the type you specified, such as AO or DI, no channels are available to select.
- Click Finish.
- Save the system definition file.
You can add a SCXI module to a DAQ device by right-clicking the device and selecting
Add SCXI Modules
. Use the Add SCXI Module dialog box to configure the module. You can also add an internal channel to a DAQ device by right-clicking the device and selecting
Add Internal Channel