Add a data source, such as a tag, asset, test, or notebook, to display on a
Before you begin, you must open a dashboard
and select a tile type to add
Refer to the following table to determine the steps you need to complete to
select the data source.
|Type of data you selected
- Enter a full or partial tag path(s) to select the
search is case sensitive.
- If your tile is a graph, click
… to build a tag query.
- Select an existing query.
- Modify the existing query or create a new one.
cannot create new queries for assets.
- Select a notebook.
- (Optional) Configure the
parameters if you do not want to use the default
- Select a time interval for how often you want the
notebook to execute and provide updated
If you enabled system filtering for the dashboard, you can only select
generic data sources, or data sources that are not specific to one system.
For example, Health.Memory.Total is a generic data source,
whereas NI-cRIO-9042-01E10AB8.Health.Memory.Total is
specific to that particular cRIO system.