In order to distribute and use your custom step type using Package Builder, you must
redistribute your type palette file, substep code modules, and custom icons to the
appropriate directory of the machine you are deploying to.
Distributing a sequence file that
contains the custom step does not require that you also redistribute the type palette
file, substep code modules, and custom icons because TestStand keeps a copy of each step
type used inside a sequence file.
- Using the Inputs pane, select
- Navigate to each of the folders for your type palette file, substep code modules,
and custom icons and add each folder to your inputs.
- In the directory pane for your package, right-click [TestStand Public
Documents] and select Insert Directory.
- Name the directory Components.
- Right-click Components and select Insert
Directory. Repeat this action three times.
- Name the directories: Icons,
StepTypes, and TypePalettes.
- Add your icon file to your Icons directory.
- Add your substep code modules to your StepTypes directory.
- Add your type palette file to your TypePalettes file.
- Build the package.
This package installs the appropriate custom step type files into the correct directories
so that they will be accessible from TestStand for use.