The Database Connectivity API contains a set of nodes with which you can perform both common database tasks and advanced customized tasks.
- Works with any provider that adheres to the Microsoft ActiveX Data Object (ADO) standard.
- Works with any database driver that complies with Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) or Object Linking and Embedding Database (OLE DB) protocols.
- Maintains a high level of portability. In many cases, you can port an application to another database by changing the connection information you pass to the
- Converts database column values from native data types to standard LabVIEW NXG data types, further enhancing portability.
- Permits the use of SQL statements with all supported database systems, even non-SQL systems.
- Creates tables and selects, inserts, updates, and deletes records without using SQL statements.