De-embedding refers to the process of removing the effects of test fixture
cabling and components. Applying de-embedding to an RF signal ensures more accurate
results when reading data from your RF signal generator device. Once applied, the
de-embedded signal you see at the device port matches the requested signal
To access de-embedding properties, open the
RF signal generator Instrument Settings
dialog box (
), click the
RF tab, and scroll down to
De-embedding. The following are options
you can configure to apply de-embedding your RF signal generator
- Type—Specifies the type of de-embedding
you want to use.
- None—De-embedding is disabled.
- Scalar—De-embeds the signal using the gain
- Vector—De-embeds the signal using the gain term
and reflection term.
- Status—Displays whether an S2P table is
loaded into the device session.
- Load table from S2P file—Loads an S2P
file into the device session to use for de-embedding.
- S2P tables are used to incorporate
S-parameters into signal de-embedding.
S-parameters characterize the effects of a linear
network on a signal when it passes from one port
to another. Refer to the installed NI-RFSG driver
documentation for more information.
- You must configure de-embedding for each port
when using multi-port modules.