Figure. 1. Compact FieldPoint system.
The Compact FieldPoint I/O modules filter, calibrate, and scale raw sensor signals to engineering units, as well as perform self-diagnostics to look for problems, such as an open thermocouple. Through its built-in Web and file servers, the Compact FieldPoint interface automatically publishes measurements over the Ethernet network.
- Deploy real-time embedded controllers for stand-alone data logging, advanced analysis, and process control.
- Access I/O points nearby or miles away on the network using the same simple read and write software framework.
- Connect virtually any sensor directly to the wide variety of high-accuracy analog and discrete I/O modules.
- Download your NI LabVIEW application to the embedded controller for reliable, stand-alone operation.
1. Compact FieldPoint Benefits
Compact FieldPoint features industrial specifications such as 50 g shock, 5 g vibration, and a temperature range from -40 to 70 °C. Compact FieldPoint is compliant with North American and European certification such as safety, hazardous locations, marine approval, and EMC compliance.
Compact FieldPoint runs LabVIEW Real-Time applications to deliver deterministic, real-time performance. Develop your application on a host computer using graphical programming and download the application to the controller to run on a real-time operating system.
Ease of Use
Compact FieldPoint helps you quickly begin performing industrial control and measurement without any programming experience required. Getting started is a simple two-step process. First configure the I/O using Measurement & Automation Explorer, and then read or write the I/O.