Welcome to the signal generator applications main page. This page provides a starting point to learn about the wide variety of applications that function and arbitrary waveform generators can service. The use cases for signal generators described here include: baseband IQ generation, audio/video test, semiconductor characterization, and many others.
Also, for more information on the technologies that NI signal generators utilize to generate advanced signals, please see the Signal Generator Fundamentals main page.
1. Signal Generator Applications Whitepaper Series
Using NI-TClk to Synchronize Signal Generators
- Technology Behind Multi-Instrument Synchronization
- Utilizing Differential RF Transformers
Onboard Signal Processing (OSP) on National Instruments Signal Generators
- Benefits of OSP
Video Signal Measurement and Generation Fundamentals
- Parts of a Video Signal
- Composite Video Signals
- Video Formats
- NTSC Frame Scanning
2. Signal Generator Applications Video Series
3. Choosing the Right NI Signal Generator for Your Application