1. About the National Instruments FIRST Partnership
NI LabVIEW is an industry-leading software tool for designing automated measurement and control systems that can be combined with cRIO FRC for highly sophistication autonomous robot control applications.
The cRIO FRC controller can be programmed with LabVIEW and C to control motors and read from a variety of sensors. The cRIO FRC also supports connectivity to an Ethernet camera for optical character and color recognition.
Using LabVIEW with the cRIO FRC will allow you to:
- Develop custom modular algorithms for sophisticated robot control
- Acquire, store, and analyze sensor readings
- Use NI LabVIEW to simulate robot hardware, enabling bench testing and development of “Robot Controller” software before the robot hardware is available to the software team
Please post your questions in the forums at www.ni.com/first
3. Helpful links and resources
On-line tutorials coming soon – stay tuned!