The attached courseware is designed to introduce students to the LabVIEW environment, and give them a brief exposure to some of the tools available to them in developing LabVIEW applications.
The topics covered include:
- Introduction to the LabVIEW Application Development Environment (Front Panels, Block Diagrams, Tools palettes)
- Creating a Virtual Instrument in LabVIEW
- Dataflow programming concepts
- SubVIs and modular code creation
- Data Acquisition in LabVIEW
- Loops and Charts
- Arrays and File I/O
The slides have extensive notes to aid the instructor in preparation, and accompanying exercises with solutions that can be assigned in a laboratory setting, or as homework.
After completing this course, students should feel comfortable developing basic LabVIEW applications, and confident that they can learn more as their experience increases.