CompactRIO module templates are included in the Board Outline database in the NI Ultiboard PCB layout tools to save time during the board layout phase. The following document provides a set of printed circuit board templates that can be used with many layout software products.
In each of the designs, the recommended board dimensions are used, and the correct footprint for the 15-pin D-Sub connector is properly placed.
1. Basic C Series Module Printed Circuit Board Design
2. 4 BNC Inputs C Series Module Printed Circuit Board Design
3. 10 Input Screw Terminal Connector C Series Module Printed Circuit Board Design
The following layout includes the minimum components that must be present in any CompactRIO module PCB as well as the correct footprint and placement for a 10 input screw terminal connector.
4. 25 Pin DSub Connector C Series Module Printed Circuit Board Design
5. Additional Resources
- Information on custom module development for CompactRIO
- Learn more about Multisim and Ultiboard. See Multisim and Ultiboard application notes and tutorials.
- Find more circuit design resources at the Technical Library
- CompactRIO Third-Party Products, Reference Designs and NI Single-Board RIO Resources