You can use the toolkit to automatically create custom Excel reports similar to the following example for a data-driven LabVIEW application, without opening or manipulating Excel manually.
Figure 1. Sample Excel Report
This tutorial covers the basics of inserting data, customizing cells, creating graphs, and combining all the elements to create a report. First, you open a report in LabVIEW and add data to a worksheet either by transferring a table or by copying data cell-by-cell. You then can manipulate the data in LabVIEW or by using VIs that execute macros and functions in Excel. Display the results by creating graphs and formatting cells and objects for professional reports. You then can save, print, or e-mail the report.
Using LabVIEW, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word, you can do the following:
- Create and edit reports containing text, tables, graphs, and pictures.
- Populate report templates.
- Manage report layout and formatting, including headers, footers, page numbers, fonts, borders, colors, text alignment, and so on.
- Add functions and sort data in Excel worksheets.
- Run Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros.
- Develop custom report generation functions.
- E-mail or print reports.
2. Begin the Tutorial
Begin the tutorial and start by learning how to load data into an Excel worksheet.
Creating a Report in Microsoft Excel using the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit: Part 1
Creating a Report in Microsoft Excel using the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit: Part 2
Creating a Report in Microsoft Excel using the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit: Part 3
Creating a Report in Microsoft Excel using the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit: Part 4
3. Download Example Code
Buy the Report Generation Toolkit