The Continuous Measurement and Logging sample project acquires measurements continuously and logs them to disk. It executes five loops in parallel:
- Event handling (Main.vi)—The Event Handling Loop (EHL) that produces messages based on front panel events, such as the user clicking Start or Settings.
- User interface messaging (Main.vi)—A Message Handling Loop (MHL) that receives messages from the EHL and responds by sending messages to the other MHLs.
- Acquiring data (Acquisition.lvlib:Acquisition Message Loop.vi)—An MHL that continuously acquires data. By default, this template simulates acquired data.
- Logging data (Logging.lvlib:Logging Message Loop.vi)—An MHL that continuously logs acquired data.
- Displaying data (Main.vi)—A While Loop that updates the waveform chart with acquired data.
This sample project also features a Settings dialog box (Settings.lvlib) you can use to configure the application.
This sample project is based on the Queued Message Handler template. Refer to the Queued Message Handler template and its documentation, available from the Create Project dialog box, for information about how this template works.
1. Locating the Continuous Measurement and Logging Sample Project and Documentation in LabVIEW
Complete the following steps to locate this sample project:
- Select File»Create Project to open the Create Project dialog box. You also can click the Create Project button on the Getting Started window.
- Double-click Continuous Measurement and Logging and configure the new project.
- Click Finish. LabVIEW displays the Project Explorer window.
- To open the main VI of the sample project, double-click Main.vi in the Project Explorer window.
To access the documentation for this sample project, double-click Project Documentation»Continuous Measurement and Logging Documentation.html in the Project Explorer window.