Command and Control DENSO, KUKA, and MITSUBISHI Robotics From LabVIEW
The ImagingLab Robotics Library is an easy-to-use library of graphical functions that you can use to command and control DENSO, KUKA, and MITSUBISHI robotics directly from NI LabVIEW software. Because the ImagingLab Robotics Library works with LabVIEW, engineers and scientists who are not robotics experts can now quickly integrate robotic systems into their LabVIEW applications. With the library, you can perform the following tasks:
- Build complete industrial robotics systems entirely in LabVIEW
- Directly control movements and motion of DENSO, KUKA, and MITSUBISHI robots
- Run preexisting routines on DENSO, KUKA, and MITSUBISHI controllers
- Easily develop vision-guided robotics applications
- Integrate measurements and vision into robotics systems
The ImagingLab Robotics Library increases productivity and performance in automated test, research, and flexible manufacturing applications. In today’s trend toward high-mix, low-volume manufacturing, there is pressure to reduce cost and shorten development time. A new LabVIEW library of graphical functions makes it possible for you to address both concerns by integrating all aspects of a robotics system within a single LabVIEW application without the need for complex robotics programming expertise.
Smarter Robots Without Complex Programming
LabVIEW is making new applications for industrial robots possible by integrating measurements, vision, robot control, and human machine interfaces (HMIs) into one, easy-to-use environment. With the ImagingLab Robotics Library, you can make your robotics system smarter without the need for complex robotics programming expertise. Beyond flexible manufacturing, with the library you can integrate DENSO, KUKA, and MITSUBISHI robotics into new types of systems and applications for automated test, laboratory automation, and precision manufacturing.
Figure 1. The Robotics Library includes VIs and functions to program your robot.
Shown here: DENSO
Integration With NI Products
The toolkit integrates with various NI products. Specifically, the toolkit can perform the following:
- Install as a functions palette in LabVIEW where an entire application can be designed and written in a single LabVIEW project
- Work with LabVIEW Real-Time systems, which combine LabVIEW graphical programming with the power of a real-time OS
- Run on NI Smart Cameras for integrated vision-guided robotics and work with NI data acquisition (DAQ) hardware for the measurement of very simple or highly sophisticated applications
Figure 2. Control your robots with graphical programming and an intuitive user interface.