"With LabVIEW as our primary development environment, we leveraged the integration with SolidWorks, which significantly increased the efficiency of our design process, and, for the first time, involved the mechanical team in the software development."
- Square One Systems Design Inc.
LabVIEW NI SoftMotion Module and SolidWorks Improve the Design Process
Engineers and scientists use virtual prototyping to design, optimize, validate, and visualize their products digitally and evaluate different design concepts before incurring the cost of physical prototypes. With NI SoftMotion for SolidWorks, mechanical and control engineers can collaborate and assess the operation of moving parts. By doing this, they can visualize realistic machine operations, estimate the cycle time throughput, determine whether the product will fail, and glean important information about the dynamic behavior of the design.
Additional Case Studies
NI SoftMotion for SolidWorks
NI LabVIEW software and the LabVIEW NI SoftMotion Module deliver graphical development for custom motion control applications. With LabVIEW NI SoftMotion, you can use the LabVIEW project to configure all of your motion axis settings, test your configuration, tune your motors, and quickly develop a custom motion application.
- Design custom motion control applications using graphical development tools
- Benefit from functions for trajectory generation, spline interpolation, position, velocity control
- Use the high-level function block API for simplified motion profile development
- Design and validate the motion control application using DS SolidWorks
Embedded Motion Control System
You can deploy the control algorithms designed and validated using virtual prototyping technologies to embedded motion control platforms such as NI CompactRIO. This helps you reuse the application within the design phase for the final deployment.
- Rugged, reconfigurable motion control system
- FPGA parallel processing capabilities to optimize your control algorithms
- C Series drive interface modules to connect to stepper and servo drives
- Stepper drives and motors for a wide range of applications
- Connector block connectivity to third-party drives and motors
NI Partner - Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp.
Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp., a leader in 3D CAD technology, is dedicated to providing engineers, designers, and other creative professionals with the tools they need to design some of the world’s greatest products.
Search the Alliance Partner Directory