"We chose LabVIEW because it fulfilled our primary requirements – rapid development of simple but powerful user-interfaces, easy control of both off-the-shelf and custom hardware, and real-time image acquisition and processing offered by the NI Vision Development Module. "
- David Lines - Diagnostic Sonar Ltd.
Nondestructive testing (NDT) is the use of noninvasive techniques to determine the integrity of a material, component, or structure. Engineers and scientists use NDT in a variety of applications, including medical imaging, materials analysis, and process control.
One popular NDT technique is ultrasonic testing, which uses sound waves with frequencies higher than the human ear can detect to penetrate a material. With National Instruments data acquisition hardware and NI LabVIEW, you can easily acquire ultrasonic measurements and perform custom signal processing.
Additional Case Studies
- Designing a Medical Ultrasound Test System with NI Hardware and Software
- Real-Time Quality Determination of Advanced High-Strength Steel Resistance Spot Weld
- Creating a Test System for a New Generation Ultrasound Machine with LabVIEW and PXI
- Advanced Cancer Research Using Next-Generation Medical Imaging with PXI Modular Instrumentation and NI LabVIEW