Currently, an NI VeriStand Stimulus Profile can be run either by being in the NI VeriStand environment and using one of the Stimulus Profile editors (Step, Table, or Sequence Editor) or by using the NI VeriStand API. This custom control will allow a user to run stimulus profiles directly from the NI VeriStand workspace. Benefits of this control are that the user will not be able to edit or change the profile steps, preventing unknown or unwanted changes.
The NI VeriStand 2010 version of the custom control runs the legacy Stimulus Profile while the NI VeriStand 2011 custom control runs the new Stimulus Profile.
Download and unzip the attached file. Move all items from the place in Display Template folder to the Display Templates folder in the location below:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\VeriStand 20xx\Display Templates
- Windows Vista: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\VeriStand 20xx\Display Templates
- Windows 7: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 20xx\Display Templates
Once the files are in the appropriate location, run VeriStand and launch the Workspace. You will now have a new item in the Workspace Controls tree. Drag and drop the control onto the Workspace.
Once the control is dropped, you will be prompted to select folders for:
- Stimulus Profiles Base Path Folder: This is the folder where the stimulus profiles are located
- Stimulus Profiles Logging Base Path (in the 2010 version): Stimulus profiles can have log files associated with them. This is the folder where those log files will be stored.
Once these folders are selected, the control will parse through the Stimulus Profiles Base Path folder to find all .et1 and .et2 (NI VeriStand Stimulus Profile Extensions) files located in the file. These files will then be listed in the Profiles drop down.
2010 Version control:
2011 Version control:
To run a profile, simply select which profile to run from the drop down and then click the RUN button.
- When running a profile, the RUN button will become grayed out and the STOP button will be enabled. If you stop a profile before it completes, the outputs will be left at their current value. They do NOT go back to initial values.
- Error LED: This LED will become TRUE for any stimulus profile which has an error and is not able to run. To find out details, the profile must be run with the NI VeriStand native Stimulus Profile Tool. This tool will give information about what may be wrong with the profile and why it is not able to be run.