NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras driver software allows users to configure any DirectShow imaging device and acquire images into LabVIEW. Devices that support this feature include USB cameras, webcams, microscopes, scanners, and many consumer-grade imaging products.
Students and academic professionals can use this software with the NI Vision Development Module (included in the LabVIEW Student Edition) to analyze images with the aid of functions for image processing, including filters, binary morphology, pattern matching, and color inspection. The NI Vision Development Module also includes Vision Assistant for prototyping different functions, benchmarking inspections, and automatically generating code.
With NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras, you can:
- Acquire images from any USB imaging device with DirectShow support
- Select One-Shot or Continuous Image Acquisition modes
- Configure cameras programmatically, including the ability to programmatically select video modes
- Acquire directly into Vision Assistant for easy application prototyping
- Use the USB Express VI to quickly acquire images
Note: Although NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras comes with documentation, it is not officially supported by the National Instruments Corp.
- Windows Microsoft Windows Vista/Vista x64/XP/2000 (English, Italian, Japanese, French, Italian, Norwegian, Dutch, Spanish/Portuguese, Russian, or simple Chinese).
- LabVIEW 7.0 or later.
- Vision Development Module 7.1 or later
- NI Vision Acquisition Software 7.1 or later, for USB LabVIEW support.
- Vision Assistant 7.1 or later, for USB Vision Assistant plug-in module support.
- Vision Assistant 8.0 or later, for USB Express VI support.
- NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras only supports a single acquisition from one device at a time.
- Launching and closing camera sessions repeatedly will cause a minor memory leak.
- Exiting LabVIEW without closing the session properly will cause a system failure.
- Using an external image display window on a dual-processor machine or hyper-threaded machine may cause the computer to freeze when moving or clicking the external display window.
Products & Services: Vision Acquisition Software