The Convert to Fixed-Point tab displays information about profiled code, provides tools to convert floating-point data types to fixed-point, and helps you identify fixed-point data types to edit.
On the Tool Launcher tab, select Convert to Fixed-Point to display the Convert to Fixed-Point tab. The Convert to Fixed-Point tab also launches automatically when you profile code.
The following image highlights the parts of the Convert to Fixed-Point tab you use to manage, convert, or edit the objects listed in the table.
- Table—Displays all convertible floating-point objects and data types in your profiled code. After you run the testbench, the table also displays fixed-point data type suggestions with projected SNR, overflow, and underflow values.
- Convert using suggestion—Converts the data types of the objects you have selected from the table to the fixed-point data types the conversion tool suggests in the Type column of the table.
- Edit type—Displays a fixed-point configuration tool that enables you to manually configure the fixed-point data types of the objects you have selected from the table.
- Filter and Sort—Change how the table displays profiled objects.
- Flush profile data—Removes all profile data from the table and from memory. You cannot undo this operation, so make certain you do not want to retain the profile data before flushing. Flush profile data if you make changes to the diagram code aside from data type changes or if you undo data type conversions.
- Strategy—Defines how the conversion tool generates initial data type suggestions.