National Instruments has developed a supplier portal to increase automation and enhance communication with our supply chain. With this automation, all parties involved minimize supply chain costs and maximize gains from streamlined business processes. Documents on the portal include:
- Demand forecasts
- Purchase orders and acknowledgements
- Purchase order change requests
- Ship notifications
Using Order Lifecycle Visibility (OLV), you can communicate with National Instruments either electronically (via Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) docs) or through the Web if you are not currently using EDI. OLV provides Web-based capabilities you can use to exchange these documents, as well as other benefits such as:
- Management by exception - The OLV message center highlights on one screen new documents and other items that require your attention today.
- E-mail alerts - Notifications are sent to you when new or changed documents arrive or when you need to take action (overdue PO acknowledgements or ship notices).
- Quick, comprehensive searches - These facilitate the location of important documents.
- Consolidated views - These include POs across various buyers, NI locations, and supplier locations.
- Shared visibility - This is the full life cycle of a PO for you, the NI buyer, and the respective accounts payable and accounts receivable departments.